I declared a Facebook Fast a few days ago and haven't been back on. Thursday morning I had turned the computer on and in no time at all, it seemed, spent two hours browsing Facebook friends' pictures and profiles. Adam woke, I got him up and fed and let him loose on the floor for some happy tummy time and promptly returned to my browsing. Really!? I'm on every single day, there could not possibly be THAT much on there to see. I realized by noon-after having been on and off for hours- that it was disgusting me. So, fast it is. For a week-more if I can handle it.
So, I spent the rest of the day during nap times browsing baby food recipe sites and planning out some meals and purees and non-purees to make and freeze for Adam. We went to Sprout's that night to purchase some organic fruits and grains and that's what I'm doing now (Saturday).
But Friday... Friday I woke up an hour and a half before Adam. With "nothing to do" given the fast I popped onto Youtube, found an hour long playlist of Hymns (one that's all in the same video, so no obnoxious commercials cutting in to the peace). I made coffee and sat on the couch for a little while, not even really thinking, just absorbing. I may have prayed some (I haven't done that in a morning in quite some time).
I got Adam out of bed (he was in our bed after a rough evening), played with him outside (playing with him is not something I sacrifice for internet, he gets a lot of mommy time, but there was more focus to it after the peaceful morning). It was quite amazing. This morning I got up at 7:30, again Adam slept (this time in his crib) almost two hours past me. Steve got him up and played with him a while whilst I cooked up both our food and Adam's and started freezing things.
Later today we'll go up to Payson with cousins and sister-in-law. It'll also be very peaceful (no tech at all up there since we don't have a signal). Perhaps after the fast it will be easier to go in long spurts without getting online, or just checking Facebook when I have things (like pictures and videos) to put up there.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment